This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Kernel panic problem with Zorin lite!

Mettuck

Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:59:25 pm

Greetings

After successfully breathing new life into my netbook, I decided to help out my brother who is stuck on an old machine with Windows XP by suggesting he uses Zorin Lite as well.
He has burned the DVD of the iso, but when he tries to boot from it he gets the pictured:

The loader appears, and it doesn't matter whether he tries to boot live disc, safe graphics mode or the installer directly - this always happens. This has been tried only with the latest lite version and he will buy another disc to try zorin 6.2 later today, maybe tomorrow.

Now, he burned a second DVD, with another burning program - the results are the same. He did check MD5, he did burn the disk on the lowest possible speed.
He then, on my suggestion, tried copying all of the files from the disc to his hard drive to test if the disc was being read correctly. The copy operation worked with no problems, but he still can't boot.

He tried USB Boot, but the BIOS on his PC has a bunch of options for boot devices but none of which actually boots from the USB drive, he tried them all.

So, any ideas what this might be about?

He's using some old intel cpu (I'll ask for more info later ), single core I think, and a Radeon 9600 GPU. 1.5 gigs of RAM.

EDIT: CPU info:

Wolfman

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:19:40 am

Hi,

that message is a surefire sign of a bad ISO image or bad burn, I would download the ISO again from a different location and try again!, you said that you burnt the disk at the slowest possible speed, do the same again and double check the burn speed options!.

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:08:21 pm