This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

still aanoyed

larissa_timber

Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:15:31 am

it's not the first time i call on you.
Since the beginning there is trouble with email from Ziggo, now the second time in 2 weeks.
more over i am thrown out of the system regarlily per session, can't tell what problems there arise, for me a big mess and very big disappointment.
Many things simply don't work at all. Loggin in, register, usernames, passwords of many sites, banks, amazon, so many, so many.
So much wasted energy ,so little results.
I am about to unplug and kiss it goodbye.
Greetings from Hans
Leiden, Holland

Pierre

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:55:04 pm

can you be a bit more specific, - as to what it is doing ??.

Anonymous

Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:51:18 pm

Two things you can do.
Try a different Browser > Example FireFox

Opera is a known Culprit for these kinds of problems.

Secondly what ever Browser your using...clear cache...delete cookies. !!!!!

Firefox Example below :
Can be done > Any Browser <

Lastly > This isn't a Zorin OS issue.
This is an issue with your Webmail/Browser.

Wolfman

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:11:27 am

Hi,

your Email client has nothing whatsoever to do with your OS, it doesn't matter whether you use Zorin or any other form of Linux or Windows/Apple, you need to contact the Email provider as it is either a problem with their server or your user details, you must make sure that you are using the correct form of security like POP or SMTP and that all the details are correct, details like your username and password and as I have already said, the POP/SMTP settings!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Linx

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:27:46 pm

Ok, it appears you know absolutely nothing about what is going on, kinda impressed you were able to get Zorin Installed. For us to help you are going to need to help us, So lets start at step one, you don't know anything about what is going on, so to resolve this I direct you here. >>>>> http://www.gcflearnfree.org/COMPUTERBASICS

Now for a tech standpoint with the little information you have provided. It sounds like a secure websites issue. You should check and verify your System clock, make sure it is the right Date and Time, in addition to this you may want to look at trying to use a different web browser one you have not used on this system before (as it may be configuration related).

If you would like to provide more information. Some of the information we need are,
1. What application are you using?
2. What Error messages are you getting?
3. Is the Date and Time on your computer correct?
4. Are Cookies enabled?
5. Are you using webmail or an email client?
6. What version of Zorin are you using?
7. When did the issue start?
8. Can you take screenshots of the issue?
9. Are you able to reproduce the error, if so, what steps are taken to do so?
10. Do you know of any workarounds that have produced positive results ? (I know this is unlikely as most ppl with a work around don't care about the problem anymore)
11. Does it work on another computer?
12. Do you have another computer you can use for testing?