This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[PARTIALLY solved] How to...format usb

pp4mnklinux

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:46:00 pm

Hello everybody:

My 'problem' is that when using unetbooting I record an ISO linux distro, but after trying it, when I wanna record another one I have the space occupied by the previous distribution.

How can I delete all the docs (trash included) or format the USB from Linux

Thanks in advance

pp4mnklinux

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:42:23 pm

Partially solved...because with this web answer (view end of the post) I can format the USB and delete all the contents, but.... what happens when I delete things, I want ot save another, but I dont want to mantein them into the trash¿?¿¿ http://www.wikihow.com/Format-a-USB-Fla ... -in-Ubuntu

pp4mnklinux

Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:37:05 pm

Hi:

I don't like it at all.- When I delete a file from my USB it goes to a folder called 'Trash' and I cant delete it, so the files are there using space. The only way to eliminate it is cutting it and pasting in other disk. I don't know how to solve this... gut I need an option like windows....empty recicle bin..

THANKS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

Anonymous

Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:25:23 am

Log in Zorin OS 6.4....Zorin OS 7 will do the same exact thing relative to formatting a USB drive.

Open Zorin Menu > Computer > Right Click on the Flash Drive and Format to FAT.
Done Deal > everything is erased/deleted.

OR

You can use Disk Utility = Zorin Menu > System Tools > Preferences > Disk Utility !!!!
And do things in more detail if needed.

Zorin Lite is a horse of a different color.
You'd have to ask one of the others about that one.