This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Bind Super Key to Zorin Menu

madvinegar

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:52:01 am

Has anyone managed to bind the super key to open the Zorin menu in Zorin 7 (or Zorin 8).

I know that there is an option in the preferences of the awn menu button to do that but only in Zorin 6.

How can it be done in Zorin 7...???

I struggled to get it done via dconf or even gconf and it seems like it is already set by default, but it does not work!

Swarf, could you please notify the devs to enable tis feature by default in all the next releases of Zorin? We had a discussion in the Greek Zorin forum and we believe that it is something that has to be done.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54:09 pm

Hi madvinegar, I will PM them and point them to this link. I am concerned that Zorin (intentionally or unintentionally) is in some regard emulating Ubuntu (Ubuntu with Linux - then just Ubuntu) - GnoMenu from Version 7 became 'ZorinMenu'! All of this is tied up in the Zorin packages - I am at work now so can't give exact names but if you look in Synaptic Package Manager and just enter 'Zorin' in the search box the two packages will come up - it is the 'extras' one that controls it - see my post here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6131#p29049

this was for 6 - not tried it in 7 or 8 - still to try 8 out.

Wolfman

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:31:13 am

Hi MV,

you might find this useful:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KeyboardShortcuts

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:53:42 am

The problem is that I do not know the terminal command to open the awn menu! If I knew that, I could easily create a shortcut.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:44:08 pm

madvinegar wrote:The problem is that I do not know the terminal command to open the awn menu! If I knew that, I could easily create a shortcut.

Hi madvinegar, this should do it:

Code:
avant-window-navigator

:D