This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[CLOSED] turn on touchpad pointer

ogborne

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:32:49 pm

I was working on my wife's computer. She wanted to slow down the touchpad arrow (pointer). I inadvertenly turned the pointer off. Now I have a arrow (pointer) that will not move. I tried the repair console, but there doesn't seem to be a choice for reverting to defalut. Thanks for your help

Wolfman

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:53:27 pm

Hi,

if it is a normal laptop, press the FN key and another like F6 or the one that corresponds to the keyboard, it should switch it back on!. On my laptop it is FN + F6.

Regards Wolfman :D

ogborne

Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:40:38 pm

It's not a laptop and I don't have an "FN" key. I have control, alt. windows key

Wolfman

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:47:52 pm

Hi,

try this terminal command, press "Ctrl + Alt + t" to open the terminal and paste this command:

Code:
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.cursor active true

If you have a USB mouse, enter the following in a terminal:

Code:
gksudo /etc/init.d/hotplug restart

let us know if it helps.

ogborne

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:14:07 pm

thanks Wolfman, you have helped me a great deal and I appreciate it. This time it didn't work. I'm going to reinstall
zorin since I don't have much of anything on the system. You can close this post. Thanks again

Wolfman

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:28:27 am

Hi ogborne,

sorry it didn't work for you, maybe it is just as quick to reinstall as you said. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.