This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Going from 7.1 to 6.4

ogborne

Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:04:21 pm

I'm sorry to ask so many questions. It seems that I purchased the wrong version of zorin. I got zorin ultimate thinking that it was the latest and best version of zorin to have. I guess I was wrong, because now I am informed that support will end on January 31. I need to know how to install 6.4 since support runs until 2017.

Here are my questions:

After I download 6.4 iso and burn a disk, can I just install this over 7.1 or must I erase 7.1 and start with a blank partition before I install 6.4. I assume I should back up my data files and then reinstall them.

I have windows xp on SDA 1, xorin 7.1 on SDA 2, mint on SDA 5.

I thank you for any advice you can give.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:42:12 pm

I would advise that you back up your data first then over write 7.1 with 6.4. :D

Hi ogborne, moved your post as the How-tos and Tutorials section are for guides for others to follows - all queries should be in help and support or installation.

ogborne

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:18:58 pm

Thanks Swartendor437. I will do as you instructed.

Wolfman

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:14:44 am

Hi,

if you recently donated to Zorin 7 Ultimate, you can upgrade to Zorin 8 for free when it becomes available according to what the devs told me!.

You might want to contact them directly about that here:

http://www.zorin-os.com/contacts.html

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:05:02 pm

Thanks Wolfman - 60 blue jewels to you sir!

Wolfman

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:58:58 pm

You is welcome Swarf!.

Regards Wolfman :D