This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Zorin OS 8 Whisker Menu

gcoulthard

Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:45:24 pm

Has anyone tried using the Whisker menu (xfce) with Zorin 8? How about the latest Cinnamon menu? The existing menu options/styles have been the one area lacking in Zorin (based on comments from my newer Linux users.) If not, has anyone found a way to increase the font size of the right-hand menu options in the Windows 7 menu style.
Any ideas appreciated. -- G.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:22:14 pm

Hi gcoulthard, hope you don't mind me moving your 'How-to' to the Help and Support section as I feel your main query pertains more to 'Help and Support'. There are a combination of ways to deal with this - the first is to reduce the screen resolution. The second is this:

Screenshot Tweak Tool Fonts.jpg

Menu | System Tools | Preferences | Tweak Tool

If you don't change resolution, the safest size is 1.7/1.8 - the bottom of the fonts on the left of the menu get a flat bottom so-to-speak.

gcoulthard

Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:45:14 pm

Thank you. Yes, I tried that but was hoping for a theme-tweak that would only increase the right-side menu options. Thanks anyway. -- G.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:37:35 pm

I think you might have to create your own theme and use Gimp as per this guide here:

http://linuxgurl.com/gnomenu-take-2/

Contra

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:22:58 pm

gcoulthard wrote:Has anyone tried using the Whisker menu (xfce) with Zorin 8? How about the latest Cinnamon menu? The existing menu options/styles have been the one area lacking in Zorin (based on comments from my newer Linux users.) If not, has anyone found a way to increase the font size of the right-hand menu options in the Windows 7 menu style.
Any ideas appreciated. -- G.

post it up I would love to see it when you finish it