This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

ZOrin 8 Owncloud online accout 401 error

jlinuxzorin

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:28:32 am

Hi,

When I try and add my owncloud online account via the settings screen I receive the following error message. I know it connects as I use HTTPS and certificate and I have to click ignore to utilize the certificate.

401 unknown response from the server.

My owncloud version is 5. I have no issues with owncloud access via internet or android app.

Thank you,

Wolfman

Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:32:17 am

Hi,

the 401 message means you aren't authorised, are you using your normal user account and not the guest account?.

Regards Wolfman :D

jlinuxzorin

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:14:52 pm

Hello,

I am using my account and not the guest account for both the zorin login and when prompted to log into owncloud. The online account process requires me to enter my owncloud account id and password.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:50:52 pm

jlinuxzorin

Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:21:51 am

hi

thank you for the link. However my server was not upgraded as was the case in the link. I am attempting to access ,y owncloud server from the all settings add online aaccount setup. my access from other devices or internet is fine.

Wolfman

Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:36:37 am

Hi,

is this solved now?.

jlinuxzorin

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:31:27 pm

This has not been resolved. I know that the online account is a gnome feature. I use the server address https://myaddress/owncloud as the server than my owncloud user id and password. I am still doing some searches etc.

Wolfman

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:06:51 am

Hi,

it may be a case of missing dependencies, try running this terminal command to see if it helps:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

I found this which is somewhat advanced but may help:

http://developer.ubuntu.com/resources/t ... evelopers/

Let us know as I don't know how to help otherwise as I don't use the online account thingy!.

jlinuxzorin

Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:07:23 am

HI,
I tried your command and no updates were completed during the process.

I am on owncloud 5 and not long ago they made version 6 their stable version. I think in the next month or so I will upgrade to the version 6 and try again. Posibablly after I download the ultimate version of Zorin 8. I have been using the updated RC version on my test / backup laptop.

Thanks

Wolfman

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:07:45 pm

Hi,

let us know what happens please as it may help someone else after you update to Zorin 8!.