This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Zorin 8 language pack is broken?

eddielinux

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:56:44 pm

Hi, I'm Edwin, I'm brazilian.

I downloaded Zorin 8 and tried to install, but during installation when wportuguese pack is copying or/and configuring the installation shows me a fatal error message and the installer aborts before end.
Then I tried to install on english to apply the language pack, everything was ok, but after installation changing the system language to portuguese the system got corrupted and boots to intrafams command line.

There is anything I can do to get around this problem and use in Zorin portuguese? Or the packages is really corrupted on the server?

I solved the problem by myself, today I did the installation again as I did before selecting brazilian portuguese, but when the wportuguese package starts to configure the installer aborts with a fatal error and never finsh the installation making the installation unusable.

But like I said, if I install on english works, then, after install and update all the system I tried again to install the language pack and worked, I think there is something broken on wportuguese and the installer script because the package come from the internet during installation and isn' t inside the image that I had wrote into usb key.

Actually my Zorin 8 works fine in brazilian portuguese.

Thanks everybody for replies,
Edwin

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:55:34 pm

No problem here - wonder if you have an issue with your image/disc?:

Brazilian.jpg

eddielinux

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:39:19 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:No problem here - wonder if you have an issue with your image/disc?:

Brazilian.jpg

No, it wasn't because the portuguese language package is not inside the image, it comes from the server.

Yesterday I wasn't able to install and apply the brazilian portuguese after install in english, but today worked for me, I think that yesterday wasn't good day for downloading files, server issues and instabilities maybe... But if I install from the beggining in brazilian potuguese, the installer still not able to complete the installation.

I suspect that the installer and the wportuguese script have an issue which causes a fatal error aborting the installation.

Thanks for reply,
Edwin

Wolfman

Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:35:14 am

Hi Edwin,

please see this guide:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1699&p=5927#p5927

Regards Wolfman :D