This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[*SOLVED*] Zos 8/32 ultimate-Can't change primary cursor

critter

Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:43:43 am

I can change the cursor themes with Ubuntu Tweak, Gnome-tweak, and dconf editor. The secondary cursors (resize, link, etc) change and may be resized larger and smaller, however, the main pointer remains unchanged either in appearance or size (dconf editor - org/gnome/desktop/interface) - reboot doesn't help.

How to entice the primary cursor to be little less obstinate?

Wolfman

Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:51:06 am

Hi critter,

don't know if this will help:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/126491/h ... d-its-size

You can also install "big-cursor or chameleon-cursor-theme" packages which might help. Via a terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get install big-cursor chameleon-cursor-theme

Hope it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:30:59 pm

Not sure if this is what you are after but see my posting here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6137#p29146

My only other comment is that it appears to be hard to add/change themes generally - I downloaded a theme recently and themes used to be a hidden '.themes' folder in '/home' - now it is in '/usr/share/themes' - accessing this required me to change ownership using 'chown' but I still can't get the themes installed correctly! :o

critter

Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:41:29 am

Alright, after messing with this for a while, I had to give up on a simple change. The only way I can get the main pointer to change is by editing /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme to point to the theme I want. Then it works. If I don't make that change, the primary cursor remains a tiny DMZ-white while the rest do change to the new theme. There's more to it somewhere that I need to track down, probably related to some alternative setting but I'm tired of messing with it for now. It's working and i can see the darn thing. :lol:

That link to the video for changing the size took care of the sizing issue as well.

Thanks! We can mark this [SortaSolved] heh