This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Where have all the Favorites gone?

albu

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:00:17 pm

Hi all,
especially within the last weeks I really became a fan of Zorin. But there are two questions, I found no answer until now. Could you help?
1) Does a Zorin manual exist, and if so: Where can I get it?
2) In the Zorin Menu I can right-click Programms an the right Mouse-button-menue gives me the opportunity to choose "Add to favorites". That's cool and really useful. But I am afraid, i can't find the Favorites afterwards posting.php?mode=post&f=6#. Where are they?
Thanks for a hint
says
with best regards from Germany
albu

Wolfman

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:07:26 pm

Hi,

the nearest thing to a manual that I have are the following:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5564

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5563

As for the question about favourites, well to be honest; I don't know where they go and I cannot find them either, sorry!. Maybe someone else on the forum can help you there.

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:23:22 pm

Hi albu, and welcome to Zorin! I'm afraid the only way that is going to work (favourites) is to install GnoMenu in addition to Zorin Menu - you have to choose a Menu that has 'Favorites' in its design:

Like this 'Lancelot' one:

Screenshot Favourites.jpg

Oops! No you can get it - this is the Zorin Menu shot! (but you need to right-click the 'Z' button, select Preferences, then choose a different Menu:

Screenshot Zorin Favorites.jpg

albu

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:32:26 am

... oh, thanks a lot, everything you suggested works fine.
very pleased
albu

Swarfendor437

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:02:51 pm

Hi albu, Glad that sorted things out for you! Will mark thread as [SOLVED]! :D