This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] Update manager

Ron F

Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:47:45 am

Hello sorry if i have posted in the wrong way i tried to do a search for this problem but it keep telling me there was no problem so here i am.

All i need to know s how do i get my update manger to stop saying there is a file to update but nothing shows in ether box it just says like 1 update has been selected. 85 kb will be downloaded but there in nothing to download that i can see i have hit the install update and it dose nothing. you restart the system and the same thing is still there so would like to know how to get ride of that i forget witch version of Zorin it is but it dose say that it is Ubuntu 12.4 LTS in the details deal so any help would be appreciated.

Again I was not sure where to post this or to look thanks for your time Ron F

Wolfman

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:09:21 am

Hi Ron,,

change you software sources download location per this guide and see if the problem stops:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

See this section : Software Sources Settings:

Let us know if it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

Ron F

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:05:58 pm

Every thing is set to what is in that topic but it still says in the update manager under the first big white box where he new updates show up when there is any that is. it is right there in the lower left hand side just below the box it still says 1 update has been selected. 85 kb will be downloaded. but there is nothing in ether box but the install updates button can be pressed for some reason I just don't get it.
it is Zorin 6 I cant remember if it is 6 or 6.1 or 6.2 and it is Ubuntu 12.4 LTS version 64 bit version. I do know that it is Kernel Linux 3.2.0-59-generic (x86_64) with Zorin Desktop. is there anything else I have forgot. I had the same problem when I installed the very first Zorin 6. So I reinstalled with I think it was ether version 6.1 or 6.2 I don't remember but it still can back thanks for all your help Really thank you it has been driving me crazy. Isn't there a way to just flush the hole system update deal and make it re update its self like all the ppas and different things to see if the stops it I am kind of new to Linux but I have been running Ubuntu on my main system for a long time but I installed this Zorin on my new low power system so I could have a system that looked like windows but wasn't. I like the way it works just got to get this update deal fixed. Thanks Agian Ron F

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:12:56 pm

Hi, you could try these options to resolve the issue:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? ... st10957713

http://www.ubuntuask.com/q/answers-how- ... 07441.html - see post by MarcVal123

Ron F

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:36:53 pm

just a quick update i just got mad and installed Zorin version 7 so i will let you know what happens Thanks for all your help and timely replies you folks have done the best job of trying to help me i have been on a few forms and they treated me like i was stupid or something so thanks for helping me you can mark this post solved if you want to i am going to try Zorin 7 and see what happens for now Thanks for your time Ron F

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:39:59 pm

Hi Ron F, Just to point out that Zorin 7 is no longer supported for security or other updates - just like the core Ubuntu of 13.04 on which it was based - support ended last week (end January 2014)! :)

Wolfman

Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:14:54 pm

Hi Ron,

as Swarf has pointed out, Zorin 7 isn't supported, if you want a stable system and cannot get on with Zorin 8, install Zorin 6, I recommend the 32 Bit version as it is more stable than the 64 Bit version even if you have a 64 Bit PC.

Regards Wolfman :D