This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Help!!

nubianprince1972

Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:28:34 pm

I have Zorin installed on a Flash drive and when I shut it down and eject it when I start the netbook back up it will not boot from the hard drive only from the flash drive....how do I get it to start and work with just powering it on and starting up?

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:43:35 pm

HI nubianprince1972, and welcome to Zorin! I am a little puzzled. If you have ejected the flash drive, how can it boot from it? The quickest way would be to change your BIOS settings to boot from hard drive first? Again I find your post confusing!

nubianprince1972

Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:31:11 pm

What I am saying is I go into BIOS to boot from the Flash drive the computer will boot like it should. I am able to get online and everything. I will shut down the computer and unplug the flash drive. when I try to boot with our the flash drive it will not boot up even when I go into the BIOS and change it to boot from the hard drive. How can I get it to boot from the hard drive instead of the flash drive? How can I get the Zorin Operating System off the Flash Drive and onto the Hard Drive?

Swarfendor437

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:43:35 pm

Well I would have thought, even booting off the flash drive (been a while since I used my 5 core on memory stick!) that you should get the icon in live mode of 'install to hard drive' - do you get that at all or is it missing?

Wolfman

Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:40:34 am

Hi,

sounds like you installed the bootloader to the USB only, try using Boot Repair to fix the Grub Menu/MBR:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair/

let us know if it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:45:05 pm

Hi Wolfman - your answer has provided me with the solution! I think somehow GRUB has got installed to the machine - and it is looking for the USB stick.

Hi nubianprince1972, do you get this?

Code:
GRUB failure - no such OS installed
or something on those lines?