This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 8 Loads to White Screen doesn't load the Live!

tianduggan14

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:10:17 pm

Heya People, I have been using Linux Systems for a good few years and only the last two years have ran into issues with devices in my machines one was sorted well any way, I Bought a new Laptop Packard Bell EasyNote TE69KB AMD Quad-Core Processor A4-5000 - AMD Radeon HD 8330 - 8GB DDR3 L Ram 1TB HHD I downloaded the Zorin OS 8 64bit and Burnt it onto USB Via (Unetbootin - UUI ) also to disk turned off my UEFI to Legacy and Booted the USB and clicked The Live System it did its load with flashing (glowing ) Zorin thing the flash to black then of mumbo Jumbo c*** as usual then flash to White screen then absolutely Nothing i have tried all possible ways to sorting this to work and nothing seems the change i really like some help to fix this issue because if i have to put up with windows 8.1 anymore i might go insane thanks :evil: :evil: :evil:

Swarfendor437

Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:15:02 pm

Hi tianduggan14 and welcome to Zorin! Sorry to hear about your issues. Have you carried out any of the following:

1. checked the md5sum of the downloaded .iso beforer installing to your thumb/flash drive?

2. Used the second option from the GRUB menu at boot time (Zorin Advanced Boot Options)?

3. Pressed the TAB key to enter 'nomodeset' at the end of the GRUB boot line to ensure graphics at their absolute basic level? :D

Wolfman

Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:29:10 am

Hi,

if Swarfs command doesn't help, try:

Code:
nomodeset acpi=off

DON'T TRY AND RUN "INSTALL DIRECT", CHOOSE EITHER THE FIRST OPTION IN THE MENU OR THE 2ND OPTION "SAFE MODE".

Regards Wolfman :D

tianduggan14

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:06:32 pm

Hey Swarfendor437 Wolfman, I have checked all things and tried various things and all have failed the only one seems to work but hasn't properly been released is Ubuntu 14.04 64bit and works fantastically but tbh Ubuntu is rather plain and boring :( I am begining to lose the plot completely i have also asked my computer engineers and they have also failed must be me only me this happens to grrr arggg :@

Wolfman

Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:12:16 pm

Hi,

I assume you did a disk install and followed this advice?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4771

Have you also tried a 32 bit version?.

If your PC is fairly new, it will have PAE support and you won't need a 64 bit version!.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PAE

Regards Wolfman :D