This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin os8 no sound Xonar ds analog

michele42

Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:49:39 pm

Tried searching and didn't come up with anything. New to linux; did a full install (didn't test first) with a 127 GB partition. Win XP is other partition. Sound works under windows but not Zorin. Clicking on the sound icon at the bottom>settings Cards shows up, but speaker test does nothing. Card not muted, speakers turned on and up, plugged into green socket. Tried front green socket as well.

Old HP Pavillion a1230n upgraded with Xonar DS card. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Wolfman

Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:12:09 am

Hi,

do you have a 2nd souncard on your PC?.

Try looking at this sound thread and use Pulse Audio Manager (Paman) to help solve the problem:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2023

Let us know if it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

michele42

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:39:18 am

The motherboard has sound built-in, but under windows my sound card (xonar) works fine, although I have to use the headphone port for it to work. ASLA had a headphone and analog muted, I un-muted them but still no sound. It shows IEC958 as a sound card element. Pulse shows both an HDMI and analog devices. Maybe i just need a new computer with newer devices?

Wolfman

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:16:57 am

Hi,

if you have 2 sound output/input settings, you need to disable the one your speakers aren't plugged into!, open PAMAN > Output and mute one of the devices showing!:

Volume Control_001.jpeg

Hope it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D