This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Streched Live Window Preview

Hydraxan14

Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:19:07 am

Hello!

I wanted to change something in Zorin 8 to act more like Zorin 7 and discovered the fairly complex solution, so I'm posting it here for the sake of others who have that same desire.

One thing I didn't like when I moved from Zorin 7 to Zorin 8 was the new window tiling animation. (Tiling is when you drag a window to the top or sides of the screen to make it fill all or half of the screen.) I liked the way Zorin 7 looked, where only the border of the window streched to fill part of the screen as a "preview" of the window's new position, but in Zorin 8, it now streches the contents of the window as well (which I think is buggy-looking.) There's an easy way to change it back to the way Zorin 7 did it.

1. Run "ccsm" (which is the CompizConfig Settings Manager)
2. Go to Window Management > Grid > Appearance
3. Uncheck the "Streched Live Window Preview" box.
4. ???
5. Profit!

I hope this helps someone.

Note: this content-streching being buggy-looking is not Zorin's problem. It's not even Compiz's problem. Since I've also seen the exact same animation in the KDE desktop (which is related to neither Zorin nor Compiz), I figure it's an OpenGL thing.

quant

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:55:03 am

Hi,

I wonder if this still works for Zorin 15?