This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Total novice

mikstox

Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:01:30 pm

I've installed Zorin on an old laptop basically to find out all about it as an OS.
It's neat but I have a question:
Thunderbird was my email client on Windows (7), so I reactivated the accounts on Zorin, fine, far cleaner and quicker than Windows, closed my laptop, went to bed.
Tonight I reopened Thunderbird...nothing. I also copied some data from a stick into Documents, also nothing. It was as if yesterday didn't happen, all the emails and data gone!
I had to reactivate the accounts all over again.
Have I missed something here?
Is there a "special" way of saving stuff?

Sorry to be so basic but I have never used Zorin before. I've trawled the forum to look for a similar issue but can't find one.

Wolfman

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:55:33 am

Hi,

if you logged in as Guest and not normal user; it won't save anything you do, please see this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6338

Let us know if it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

mikstox

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:21:48 pm

Yes it helps.
I sussed it out, yes and I had the same issues with the guest login anomaly as the others. I was opening the mail via menu/internet instead of the envelope in the system tray.
One intriguing thing is, when I copied images from a SD card, it copied them okay but also took them off the SD card. So the next thing I must find out it how to stop that.
It's a massive adventure and I'm enjoying some of it already. I will no doubt be consulting the forum archives a lot but sometimes my descriptions of issues don't match word for word what's needed to find an issue so I tend to go round and round in circles.

Wolfman

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:42:55 pm

Hi,

glad it helped, have marked as solved.

Regards Wolfman :D