This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

UPDATE

david7307

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:47:05 pm

i have gone back to using Zorin6 ultimate and its all up to date with downloads
i still get a upload message saying there is a 86kb to download but nothing there to download
i think i remember this form earlier times but cant remember how we got rid of it

Swarfendor437

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:32:06 pm

Hi david7307, try changing your Update Settings source to 'Main Server' if still getting the same message, then change to a server in your country. :D

david7307

Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:50:30 am

Tried both ways ,it was set to main and i have run, find best server and it still comes up with this 86kb but shows nothing to update its not doing any harm that i can see, but just cant figure why it says there is one

Wolfman

Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:11:33 am

Hi David,

have you looked at the update guide for an answer?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Try running the following terminal command:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

I cannot say whether or not it will help you but it is worth a try.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

jojothehobo

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00:44 pm

Hi David:
I see the same thing on my computer, and have for over a year. It too doesn't seem to do anything (good or bad). I've come to accept doing nothing about it because any uninstalled 85k update will be picked up in the next update and installed. If it is an artifact then it will do no harm, or anything actually, so it is just there. I can't get exited enough to spend the time to track it down, but I'll pay attention if you, Wolfman or Swarfendor437 find something.

all the best
Joel

Wolfman

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:24:05 am

I forgot to add, run this terminal command too:

Code:
sudo dpkg --configure -a

Regards Wolfman :D

zinzan

Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:43:19 pm

I have the same problem. Tried all Wolfman's suggestions, re-updated, and the 86kb to be downloaded is still in Update Manager.

Not very reasuring when the Manager does not tell you that there are no updates to install.

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:44:55 pm

From memory, not very good, I think that at point of install Zorin points to a US Server - and it points to a file that is no longer in the repositories.
I vaguely remember clearing it at some point - try changing download locations to a server in your country first, then try changing updates from 'Main Server'.

zinzan

Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:41:29 am

Thanks Swarfendor. Tried changing dowload location to New Zealand (where I live) and then back to main server. 86kb still wants to be installed.