This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] EXTERNAL MONITOR

shaine

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:02:57 pm

Good day all
i am having this problem i am using a thinkpad t410 and am dual booting windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and zorin 5.2 64bit the monitor is connected via hdmi and works fine with windows but with zorin it will not work at all i have read through the forum and can not seem to find any thing that pertains to this issue so i am wondering if there is any way to resolve this issue. so once again thanking you in advance for your attention in this matter .
thanks shaine

Swarfendor437

Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:02:38 pm

First off, apologies to you shaine for not getting a response - I only came across it whilst tidying up the How-tos and Tutorials section - this is for Moderators and Members to submit Tutorials not questions on Help and support!

As you will be aware, support for 5.2 ended - Zorin 8 should resolve any HDMI issues you have but not sure how well it will run on your hardware! :D

Wolfman

Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:48:37 pm

Hi,

open System Settings > Hardware > Screen Display and click on Mirror displays, it should solve the problem.

Regards Wolfman :D
Screen Display_001.jpg