This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin OS 5 Ultimate Background Plus issue

granul

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:49:29 pm

Hi,

I'm on Zorin 5, 64 bit, I start the Background Plus and I use the screensaver, it took the whole screen and I could not stop the background plus I had to reboot. It is not a major problem, I just don't use it. But it has a strange behavior.

Thank you

Wolfman

Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:07:56 pm

Hi granul,

did you install the hardware drivers for your graphics card?.

What is "Background Plus"?.

And did you disable screensaver in the control center?.

Regards Wolfman.

granul

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:00:41 pm

Hi!,

Background Plus 1.0 is provide by Zorin , i think it suppose to give animated background instead of just wallpaper, you can set it up with screen saver, sound or movie and yes the hardware drivers is install and i did not disable screensaver.

Wolfman

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:04:53 am

Disable screensaver in the control center and see if your PC runs better!!.

If you are not using it, disable it!!!!.

Regards Wolfman:)

junaid

Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:57:30 pm

i installed zorin os 5 core in my pc and its not a premium version.i'm unable to find background plus..please help..i need it.if it doesnt come pre installed in zorin os 5 core that i downloaded,then please provide me with the download link.

granul

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:32:48 pm

Hi!

I don't think it is included in free download.

Wolfman

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:27:28 am

Background Plus is only available in the premium version and I don't think that the package is available for a separate download!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

junaid

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:20:50 am

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.I wanted that matrix moving wallpaper for my zorin os 5 core.could you please get that for me?I even wanted a nice download accelerator like Internet Download Manager for Windows.please provide me with the download links for both.

Thanq!

Wolfman

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:38:39 am

Hi,

open Synaptics > search > type "cmatrix" and then apply, this will install the matrix package. (You can also type screensaver in search and it will give you a number of packages!)

Open FireFox and go to >Tools > Addons > Extensions and type in search > download manager, this will give you a number of choices, DownThemAll is I think what you are looking for!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

tippy25

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:35:53 am

granul wrote:Hi,

I'm on Zorin 5, 64 bit, I start the Background Plus and I use the screensaver, it took the whole screen and I could not stop the background plus I had to reboot. It is not a major problem, I just don't use it. But it has a strange behavior.

Thank you

I have a similar problem, however I set background plus to run at startup and now I can't do anything. Is there a keyboard shortcut to disable the background plus so I can use my computer again? I found that Ctrl+Alt+F4 takes you to a terminal style screen. Is there some command I can use to disable background plus from there? I'd really like to not have to reinstall the entire OS just because of something so silly.

madvinegar

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:19:17 am

I don't have the ultimate edition, but I guess that you can try the following.

Login to zorin as normal.
Press Alt+F2.
In the window that will open write
Code:
gnome-control-center
and hit <enter>

The control center will open and from there you can disable the background plus.