This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

sound

PhutureX

Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:56:22 am

so i got a new bluetooth speaker worked once and now i have no sort of volume control or when going to system settings/sound there isn't anything there under output or when you got under applications nothing ... it's like i have no audio controller or whatever but i do get sound just stuck at one volume... any ideas?

Wolfman

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:19:00 am

Hi,

check out this thread and install Paman:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2023

Also, try installing the following packages via a terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get install bluetooth blueman

The above packages provide a GUI for bluetooth devices.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

PhutureX

Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:12:34 am

Connection to PulseAduio failed... tried sudo start-pulseaudio-x11 and got :Home directory not accessible: Permission denied Connection failure: Connection refused pa_context_connect() failed: Connection refused also did what you had told me first...

Swarfendor437

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:41:50 pm

Did you 'pair' the bluetooth speakers to your computer? :D

Wolfman

Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:46:22 pm

Hi,

are you logged in as "Guest"?, if you are, you cannot do anything administrative!.

Did you open Pulse Audio Manager after installation and look there?.

PhutureX

Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:04:41 am

i know that i'm set as admin and im logged in as me... if i go to Sound & Video / PulseAudio Device Chooser nothing happens and if i go to PulseAudio Volume Control i get Connection to PulseAudo failed. In this case is likely because PULSE_SERVER in the Environment/x11 Root Window Properties or default-server in client.conf is misconfigured. as well as i have 2 entrys for PulseAudio Volume Meter that give me Connection failed messages... when i open paman i get Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "libunity-gtk-module.so" and connection refused in the manager...

Wolfman

Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:11:59 am

Hi,

firstly, take a look here and reset Pulse and also look at the section about "Firestarter & Avahi":

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PulseAudio

If that doesn't help, try forcing an update with the following terminal commands which might help a little:

Code:
sudo dpkg --configure -a

then:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

Ideally, both of those commands should be done in recovery mode as root, you should activate the "Network" (network cable required) first then drop to "Root" and enter the commands in the order they are shown.

Restart your PC afterwards!.

I hope this helps.

PhutureX

Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:32:33 am

worked got my volume back... now i gotta get the speaker to connect again...it is pared but wont connect...