This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Numlock ON with zorin lite, on boot

Totolanio

Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:37:20 pm

Hi,

How can I enable NUMLOCK to be ON everytime I log in with zorin lite 6.4 ?

It's for my grandmother !

On my newest PC i can enable it in the BIOS but not on those older PC.

Ty for the info :)

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:05:47 am

No guarantees but try this (if Lite will let you!). Open a terminal (Accessories | Terminal) and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install dconf-tools

This should place 'dConf Editor' somewhere in System Settings.

Then check the setting here:

Screenshot dconf-editor.jpg

Totolanio

Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:53:07 pm

I did it, but in the editor, there wasn't all those entries, no "peripherals" neither but I still found "keyboard" using CTRl +F but there was no numlock key T_T

Another idea ? :p

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:32:59 pm

See if you can install gconf-editor (should show up as Configuration Editor) and check the setting here:

Screenshot configuration editor.png

Totolanio

Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:22:41 pm

I found it !

The problem is it's written "schema" as value for all the keys.

I tried to edit it but it doesn't allow to edit schema in this version (i typed sudo apt-get install gconf-editor to install it, maybe i should update it but don't know how)
Else it's because of the Lite 6.2 zorin

Sélection_002.jpeg

Also, you can see in the screenshot there is a problem with the numlock key lol, i deactivated it but I didn't know it would DELETE it !! So i remade it but OFC it says "this key has no structure" or something like that lol Btw I could change the value from "schema" to "true".
How can I make it again ? sorry :x I thought deactivate would only turn it inactive.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:32:03 pm

Hi, not sure, do you mean Gconf-editor? I would try this first:

Open a terminal and enter:

Code:
sudo dpkg --configure -a

I also noticed your language settings to French - have you updated your language settings for the system?

after you have run the above command in a terrminal I would try the following:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
to ensure you have the latest packages/dependencies.

repairguy

Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:34:28 am

Here's the answer to the confusion about were to find the setting in the first picture:

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:42:47 pm

repairguy wrote:Here's the answer to the confusion about were to find the setting in the first picture:

I posted this here!:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6505#p30995

Just to note that you should not be using 6.2 Lite anymore as it is 'End Of Line' for support - you should be running Zorin 9 Lite.

JL68

Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:04:03 am

I have the same problem.
The numlock in the BIO of my computer was set to on. So when the computer boot up, the numlock light was on. But once the Zonrin 9 Lite kicked in, the numlock light was gone off. I have opened the Dconf Editor. I have gone through all the folder and subfolder and I found the keyboard but there is no numlock in it. I also opened the Configuration Editor. I did the same to gone through all the folder and subfolder and found several keyboard but all of them don't have numlock in it at all. Isn't it there is no numlock selection in Zorin 9 Lite by default ?

What I thought this is abnormal. There should be somewhere to fix it but I don't know how. Do you ?

Any help ?

Swarfendor437

Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:52:57 pm

JL68 wrote:I have the same problem.
The numlock in the BIO of my computer was set to on. So when the computer boot up, the numlock light was on. But once the Zonrin 9 Lite kicked in, the numlock light was gone off. I have opened the Dconf Editor. I have gone through all the folder and subfolder and I found the keyboard but there is no numlock in it. I also opened the Configuration Editor. I did the same to gone through all the folder and subfolder and found several keyboard but all of them don't have numlock in it at all. Isn't it there is no numlock selection in Zorin 9 Lite by default ?

What I thought this is abnormal. There should be somewhere to fix it but I don't know how. Do you ?

Any help ?

Hi, please can you start a new thread please! :D

Wolfman

Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:56:50 pm

Hi,

please start a new thread as suggested by Swarf:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7393

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4835&p=22914#p22914

See this section:

Set numlock on bootup LXDE (Lubuntu):

Wolfman