This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Help me get Vista back!

kcm68

Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:13:34 am

I recently installed Zorin 6.4 dual booted with Windows Vista. I had no problem with internet connection, via router with Vista. Could not access internet with Zorin. Spent several hours trying to uninstall to no avail. Not only can I not uninstall Zorin but I lost my Windows OS through the whole partioning rigamarole, which makes no sense to me.

Is there any way I can recover windows, or is it gone forever. I find it very unprincipled that once a linux distro is installed it can not be uninstalled! Since I'm stuck with this piece of """" zorin, can anyone help on how I can recover windows? Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:52:31 pm

I moved your post to a new thread as it would have got lost! I also edited it as children also view this forum!
Right first off, what make and model of Notebook is it? Did it come with recovery discs? Did you follow any of the guides on here on installation? How did you install Zorin? What version of Zorin did you install? Was it 32-bit or 64-bit? Guides are quite extensive but we do need more information - all Operating Systems usually have a caveat that you do so at your own risk - no GNU/Linux distribution is any different (and if I'm honest I have never read through the licence agreement from M$ (who does?) :D