This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installed Ubuntu One but can not find it

Happyfist

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:02:54 am

Hi. I installed Zorin today. I tried installing Ubuntu One via the software center. The software center says it's installed but I can not find it anywhere on my system. It does not appear in any of my menus. How can I find it? Was it installed properly? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:38:09 am

Hi, I will have to get back to you later on this one as my Software Centre is still crashing after something I did yesterday! :D

Happyfist

Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:27:37 am

I found where Ubuntu One was on my menu. The trouble was that in the Windows 7 look pulldown menus don't automatically appear. This was remedied when I temporarily switched to the Gnome look, where the pulldown menus just pop up without additional clicks. The nested menus were easier to navigate and the relevant icon was found. Hey, how do I make the start bar (Z menu?) automatically show hidden icons when I hover over an icon in the Windows 7 look?

Swarfendor437

Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:43:37 pm

You have to left-click once if I am understanding you correctly, for example,

Menu | Internet - click on this to see the Internet Applications - just scroll down with your wheel if more than will fit in what you see - e.g., 'System Tools' - Let me know if I have misunderstood you! :D