This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[ SOLVED ] Newbie / Problem with settings

oxo42

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:41:42 pm

Hi
I have recently installed OS 6.4 LTS and I have been trying out various looks etc, in System Settings--Appearance. I decided to use the default setting which was Ambiance but it will not change back, I am currently using Radiance which has an orange theme but I would rather use the blue theme of Ambiance, All that I try will not make any difference, even the menu button has changed in style and colour.
Any suggestions please

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:54:08 pm

Preparing to [MOVE]! :D

oxo42

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:48:26 am

Swarfendor437
Hi, I have looked at the links that you posted, sorry not what I am looking for.
I need to change the appearance in System Settings from RADIANCE to AMBIANCE but it`s not working for some reason.
Can I reinstall the O.S. over the existing installation and will this repair the problem.

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:03:40 pm

Well it should take you back to a working installation - sorry I did not respond after [MOVING] the thread - I have been having some intermittent issues with the Internet connection at home. Have you looked at 'TweakTool' under Menu | System Tools | Preferences before going for a fresh install - and don't forget to back up your data before a fresh install! :D

oxo42

Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:02:27 pm

Hi,
I had a bash at it but it got even worse, so I did a fresh reintall and every thing seems to be OK . I am waiting on updates to install at the moment / is it safe to install all listed or only those that are recommended or dont it matter (please let me know)

Anyway the original problem no longer exists now but thanks for your help.

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:25:36 pm

Usually, updates will only update stuff that is on the machine - recommended will usually relate to security issues/bug fixes.

oxo42

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:59:31 am

Understood / Many Thanks.