This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Dark mode problems

Truthblade

Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:23:08 am

In Zorin Dark mode, when you go into software center to download a particular program, most of the text about the product and the "Install" button doesn't show on the actual page for installing the program. It only shows again when you switch to Zorin Light mode.

Also, when using Dark mode, all the text fields in places like Facebook are completely black. Is there any way to fix all this, or am I just stuck with it? Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:46:57 pm

Sadly I think you are stuck with this. I have been doing some research on this on the net and it would explain why other distros have this same issue. I don't think the Gnome Project fully thought things through before unleashing Gnome 3 DE, Dark themes in Gnome 2 never had this issue. My initial advice would be to search for a 'dark theme' on gnome-look.org - it will have to be GTK 3 based themes as I am not sure that GTK 2 is feasible. I miss the GTK 2 themes that would come with Compiz - they were really good 'Emerald Theme' being just one! :(