This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

chrome icon doubled on taskbar

staticwarp

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:37:24 am

hi there, i have chrome pinned to the taskbar. when i open it, a new chrome button appears on the taskbar instead of just opening the pinned one. here is a screenshot of what i mean:

the other pinned icons don't do this, for example i can open terminal and it opens as expected without creating an extra icon in the taskbar.

this started happening after i restarted a few times, it didn't do this when i first started using zorin. how can i fix this behavior?

thanks! :)

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:43:05 pm

Firstly did you follow Wolfman's excellent Post-installation guide?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2054

If you did try this:

1. Make sure you have a cable connection to your modem before booting with the second option (Advanced) and wait until the menu appears and select 'dpkg' - this searches for missing or broken packages.

2. If this still does not work after trying 'dpkg', backup/export your bookmarks and remove Chrome and reinstall it using the 'Web Browser Chooser Manager' in Menu | Internet.

staticwarp

Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:25:29 am

it's funny, this actually started happening after i followed the post installation guide. XD

i will try removing and reinstalling chrome and let you know what happens. :)

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:00:40 pm

Hi, All I will say is each to their own - Chrome is the first thing to get removed when I install Zorin - I replace with Firefox (and Opera 12.16 from Softpedia). :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:41:12 pm

OK, just had this experience myself with LibreOffice Writer - if you have the Launcher/Task Manager Applet active this will cause duplicate entries:

Will have to install Opera as Firefox not letting me upload files!

10.png