This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Pressing STAMP key does not make any sense

maccabbeo

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:55:11 pm

Hi,
I expect to generate a usable image of my screen when pressing the STAMP key on my keyboard. In fact, Zorin 8 does emit a photo-camera sound and also makes the screen flash, but no usable image is produced. I tried to "paste" it (by mouse right-click) but no image is pasted either on Gimp or Libreoffice Writer.

What's happening?
Thanks,
regards.

Anonymous

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:07:18 pm

If all else fails...as a last resort ...you can always install [ Kazam ] from software center...and take a screenshot that way !!!!

maccabbeo

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:35:17 pm

Thanks, however my questions are:
am I the only one experiencing such a problem?
If I'm not, is there any reason why it should be further integrated in the next Zorin releases?

thanks,
regards.

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52:04 pm

Hi maccabbeo, this used to work in earlier versions and I think it would place the image directly in the '/home' folder instead of '/home/Pictures'. All I can advise is that you either use Screenshot (Menu | Accessories) or install an app with more functions than 'Screenshot' - 'shutter' :D

maccabbeo

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:10:05 pm

It does not create any image: either in /home , /home/Pictures , /tmp , ...nowhere else either.
Again, the presence of such a tool as default application is just useless.
Developers should consider remove it.

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:54:30 pm

Hi maccabbeo, I thought you were referring to the keyboard command of 'Print Scrn' (Print Screen). I will raise these and similar issues for the next release with the Devs - will try and PM from home as at work! :D