This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Authenification code.

musicman

Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:42:09 pm

Greeting all. I'm new to the world of Zorin. Last night, I successfully partitioned my drive and installed Zorin Lite 7.1, on my netpad computer (Atom single core) When I went to use Google, it told me that I needed to log onto my network. I tried the pass code that AT&T gave me for Uverse (it works with all of my other computers on XP) several times, but it didn't work. It said something about privliges? I then tried the names and codes that I was asked for when installing Zorin. Nothing worked. Can I get some suggestions from you guys on what to try next? Thanks !

Swarfendor437

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:47:27 pm

Hi musicman, unfortunately Zorin 7.1 Lite is no longer supported. See Wolfman's post here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6266

musicman

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:29:20 am

I didn't know that they made a Zorin LITE 8?

Swarfendor437

Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:00:23 pm

Hi musicman, they have not released a Lite version for 8 - I am guessing that they will wait until Ubuntu releases 14.04 and come out with 9 a few months afterward - which might include Zorin Lite 9! :D

musicman

Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:15:46 am

Then I guess my question would be, now that Windows XP is not going to be supported after 4/8, and Zorin Lite 7.1 is not supported either, what would you suggest I use as an operating system (using Linux) on a very humble Atom (single core) netpad computer? I used lite because of the lightweight specs of this little machine.

Swarfendor437

Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:58:34 pm

Well until Zorin 9 lite comes out, I would go with LXLE (http://lxle.info) - and it will last until April 2017! :D