This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Restore default theme

kaygee46

Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:20:37 am

I'm new to Zorin (and Linux) and yesterday I installed 6.4 on my old laptop. While looking around I went into System Settings/Appearance and I saw that there was a box marked "Themes" that was blank. The drop-down had 4 themes so I clicked on the first one, "Ambience" and now I have this awful theme where any selected box becomes outlined in orange/red, folder icons are orange, highlighted selection boxes are pinky-orange and even the blue "Z" start button (I've selected a Windows 7 look alike) has changed into an orange disc with a 3 segment white circle in it. How can I get back to what I'm assuming was the default theme? I found a theme called "Zorin" in Dock Preferences that looked a bit like what I started with but it didn't seem to make any difference to my current orange setup.

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:28:44 pm

Hi and Welcome! :D

Go to Menu | System Tools | Preferences | Tweak Tool

Then click on 'Themes' and make sure that 'ZorinOS' is selected.

Now I am thinking in Zorin 8 :oops: - if Tweak Tool is not present you may need to install 'Gnome Tweak':

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool

Can't remember where it puts it in 6.4 but you could always launch it from the Terminal (Accessories | Terminal) and enter:

Code:
gnome-tweak-tool
to launch - then go to themes and do as stated above - make sure all theme settings (apart from mouse) are set to 'ZorinOS' [NOT Zorin OS] ;)

Keep us posted!

kaygee46

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:16:45 pm

Thanks Swarfendor437. I'd love to try that but if you read my more recent post in this forum you'll see I have a new problem. After running updates to my new installation of Zorin it has disappeared!

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:44:56 pm

kaygee46 wrote:Thanks Swarfendor437. I'd love to try that but if you read my more recent post in this forum you'll see I have a new problem. After running updates to my new installation of Zorin it has disappeared!

Have responded to that! ;)