This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Lost Zorin modified AWN

lostnow

Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:53:36 am

I somehow deleted the Zorin start menu button from the AWN panel and after attempt to retrieve it, the AWN panel is now a Ubuntu version. Because I have the same program on other computers, the AWN panel should look the same on all computers.
How can I reinstall the original AWN panel - does not correct with Snyaptic Package Manager by doing a reinstall.
System: Zorin v6.4 Core 64bit

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:31:44 pm

Hi, if the panel is still there, right-click on it where there are no applets and select 'Dock Preferences'. Go to 'Applets' tab and look for 'GnoMenu' - drag this to the front of the 'mimed' panel at the bottom - you should get your 'Z' back.

Keep us posted! :D

lostnow

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:12:46 pm

No luck because the file GnoMenu cannot be found - I was going to send some screen shots, but could not find the right combination to load them. (The preview does not seem to be working.)

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:34:06 pm

If you are using Firefox, this could be the issue - Firefox devs have screwed up big time on this! I use Opera 12.16 - it is the only browser in GNU/Linux that allows me to upload pictures to the forum. GnoMenu is not dependent upon AWN - What I am trying to say is, is there a panel at all? :D

lostnow

Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:11:08 pm

Yes, all the functions are in place and all work that I have tried - only the icons are Ubuntu not Zorin. Right clicking on the start menu icon (Ubuntu, lower left) it brings up a Zorin popup menu stating it is "Zorin Menu 1.0" with 4 tabs (Themes, Preferences, Commands, About). It acts as if it has the wrong address for the icons.

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:56:35 am

Hi, could you please check your Software Update settings for me? (Update Manager/Software Updater in Administration (Menu | System Tools | Administration) and click on the Settings button - is 'Check for newer versions of Ubuntu' set to 'Never'?

lostnow

Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:47:28 am

I did not find the check box you referenced "(Update Manager/Software Updater in Administration (Menu | System Tools | Administration)"; therefore, here is some code.
Code:
larry@HP-Tower:~$ cat /etc/issue*
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS \n \l

Zorin OS 6 \n \l

Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
Zorin OS 6
larry@HP-Tower:~$
larry@HP-Tower:~$ uname -a
Linux HP-Tower 3.2.0-60-generic #91-Ubuntu SMP Wed Feb 19 03:54:44 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
larry@HP-Tower:~$

Screenshots: (1) Update Manager and (2) Settings from update manager

[img]
53.png

[/img]
[img]
10.png

[/img]

Wolfman

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:23:58 am

Hi,

check this out and the section "More info about the AWN panel (Avant Window Manger)".

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Reset your AWN panel.

Regards Wolfman :D