This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED]Problem to install Fire Fox

Anonymous

Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:47:14 pm

I made a Fire Fox installation to my Zorin 8 Ultimate, but all did not work as expected. I tried to use Zorin Web
Browser Manager
to install, but first time it said that unable to load files. Then I made a new try on the next day and
it gave only an error message. So, I moved to Software Center and after first unsuccesful try it finally installed
Fire Fox to my HP530 laptop
. I started the Fire Fox and it launched a start page that did not work. In that start page
there was a search window that could be edited but did not work. There was also a bottom panel having different function
icons like Downloads, Add Ons, Settings, History, that did not work either. Anything opened there.

I decided to remove the installation and make a new installation from Software Center. The remove process stacked also
somewhere and dig not complete the removing normal way
. I made a new installation from the Software Center and
the result was the same, the not working start page was loaded after start. Then I made a change to the start page and
selected the Google Search page to be loaded in start. It worked normally. Now I am little unsure whether that
Browser works correctly or not in my laptop
. At least there were many problems to get it installed or removed.
I made same installation some weeks ago to Ubuntu 13.10 without problems from Software Center.

Swarfendor437

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:12:27 pm

It could be that Software Center itself requires updating. Bear in mind that Firefox has been updated to a newer version recently and possibly in terms of the web browser chooser not working correctly is that it may well be pointing to an out-of-date source that has been mothballed by mozilla.

Personally I would advise you go to the Firefox website and choose your language and OS specific version by following the guidance here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Firef ... illaBuilds