This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to get Trackball Exlorer 1.0 to work in Zorin

boo2014

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:44:46 pm

My Track mouse works in zorin but I can't configure the buttons with out the configuration program which is, I am assuming in the exe file I have that works in windows xp.

Trackball Explorer 1.0 ps2/usb compatible 5v 100mA
I have the driver and what i assume is the place ot configure the buttons and scroll.

IPx86_1033_7.10.344.0.exe
DOS/Windows executable (application/x-ms-dos-executable)
15.1 MB (15,089,528 bytes)

I followed the instructions in the following link but have no idea if it did anything. But I don't see how that gets me to the graphical program to configure the buttons.

http://zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... ine#p12028

sudo mdetect
/dev/psaux

dmesg | grep tty
[ 0.000000] console [tty0] enabled
[ 1.189754] 00.06: ttyS0 at I/0 0x3f8 (irq = 4 is a 16550A

I tried to use wine to install that exe but that was even more confusing.

Help .... :(

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, I haven't been able to find any discussion of it so far.

Dell Demension 4550 2gig memory

Anonymous

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:57:17 pm

Close : https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Logit ... emouse_USB

Might give you an idea...on how !!!!

boo2014

Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:13:32 pm

Wow, that didn't give me any ideas, but it did make my head hurt. lmao.

That's all complete gibberish to me. Ubuntu / logitech ?

Didn't see anything about trackball explorer 1.0 and zorin.
I know you're laughing. Stop that!

boo2014

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:37:45 pm

No one has any idea on this? I'm completely over my head. I've seen things about xorg.conf, which doesnt' exist but I see a xorg.conf.failsafe whatever that is.

I saw something about dconf editor and installed that, but when I bring it up there's no subcategories so nothing there to configure that is visible..

I really don't know what I am doing, other than probably making a mess of things by installing things that don't apply to my mouse... ugh

Where is the configuration file in Zorin, how it is working the regular buttons on my mouse?

Here's my dconf editor to show you what's NOT THERE.

Swarfendor437

Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:29:22 am

xorg.conf was done away with as Gnome progressed to its current state - but you can create your own - no time to get link as in lunch break.

There is nothing showing up in dconf because you need to left-click on those triangles to the left of the main headings - I also posted something on here about peripherals with a screenshot - again pressed for time in lunch break. :D

boo2014

Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:52:41 am

Well I've already re installed the entire OS 8 twice since I created this thread. I still don't know what handles the mouse in this os or what handles nvidia drivers and at this point I am just about nauseous from the hours I have put into trying to make this thing work.

And the dconf thing, I clicked on every thing in that window, and nothing showed up except what you see in that screen shot, but who cares at this point.. This OS has beaten me to a pulp.

Swarfendor437

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:38:38 pm

OK, back to basics:

1. How did you download the image? At one point 'DownThemAll' extension on Firefox worked but not any more it seems - what browser did you use to download?

2. Did you check the md5 checksum before burning?

3. What application did you use to burn the image to DVD?

4. Were you connected to the internet during installation?

boo2014

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:56:26 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:OK, back to basics:

1. How did you download the image? At one point 'DownThemAll' extension on Firefox worked but not any more it seems - what browser did you use to download?

2. Did you check the md5 checksum before burning?

3. What application did you use to burn the image to DVD?

4. Were you connected to the internet during installation?

My computer can't burn dvds, I bought the disk from zorin the 32 bit os 8.

Swarfendor437

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:02:14 pm

This might be a possible solution for you

http://www.opensourceforu.com/2009/03/i ... om-an-iso/

- if it is too complicated, then I would PM AZorin or zorink for help - you have purchased a disc and therefore you should receive support for up to 90 days (unless I am mistaken).