This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Change colours

Dragonthunder

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:31:34 pm

Hello,

I have chosen the black theme in Zorin OS 8. Black with blue is kinda nice, but I really want to change it to black with orange. Can I do that and how?

Thanks!

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:39:05 pm

Hi and welcome to Zorin! :D

First off if you mean the Zorin Theme Changer I think this is a proprietary piece of Zorin software which cannot be tweaked but there are alternative ways at changing things around and it might be trial and error - Gizmuntu is the resident 'theme' expert here!

If you like to experiment (and would also like wider scroll bars in your browser!) install 'GNOME Color Chooser - open a terminal (Menu | Accessories | Terminal or Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-color-chooser

It places the program under Menu | System Tools | Preferences.

If you open up 'Synaptic Package Manager' (just type in 'Synaptic' in the search box of the Win 7 menu - and click on it - you will be prompted for your login password - look for:

Gtk-Ch Theme to change themes which may just have some orange in them! :D

Enjoy!

Swarfendor437

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:53:31 pm

Were you thinking along these lines?

26.jpg

Dragonthunder

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:37:25 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I want it to look like this (ofcourse if'e edited this picture). I want just to replace all the blue with orange.

Swarfendor437

Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:26:16 am

I think you may have to delve in /usr /share /apps or look for Themes - then when you find the Zorin Dark theme, you may need to take ownership:

Code:
sudo chown [your user name: name of folder with Zorin Dark Theme in]

Wolfman

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:08:00 am

Swarfendor437

Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:58:54 am

Hi Wolfman, Can't wait to play with that find! ;)

Noticed Dark Table on that page - played around with Dark Table on one of my 'walls' and managed to freeze the machine! (My own fault - should not have been burning Zorin Gamer's disk at the time! Only got 4 Gb RAM so my own fault! :D )