This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Error Mounting 0

alkmie

Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:47:25 am

When I boot now I get this error message "Error Mounting 0" then it ask me to press m to skip and everything runs just fine. Just wonder what ziron uses to boot. It seems like my ntfs partition was getting auto mounted but some how it broke. I can still mount it by click on it but it is not mounted on boot. This partition is not listed in fstab so ziron must be using some other auto mounting system im not use to. any pointers would be helpful. Thanks

Version Ziron 8 Ultimate btw

Wolfman

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:32:02 am

Hi,

open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) and enter the following command and reboot and see if the problem still exists:

Code:
sudo update-grub

Regards Wolfman :D

alkmie

Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:31:18 pm

Ok I will try this. To get to what really caused the problem. I was setting up steam and going to add one of my ntfs as an install location but ziron doest seem to have mounted the ntfs drive in read write mode at least for the user group that I think steam is using. I tried chmod the folder but it never worked. So I edited the fstabas ivedone in the past and it worked but I think zorin is trying to mount the drive twice once in fstab which takes an again the default way. The logs show it fail in kernel boot up. Is zorin using udisk to mount the ntfs I know its not using fstab. Anyways thanks for the reply

Swarfendor437

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:54:50 pm

Hi I have had some udisk errors recently so yes, it does use udisk. :D