This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[CLOSED] Zorin log in settings

Peter33

Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:39:22 pm

Hello
I have Zorin 8 in a pendrive and sometimes I get right into the os and other times it asks for a password.
There is a page under settings where there is a + and a - which say to create an account or delete the account. The icon of a face does not react and there is a word " password" that has a line after it and a box beneath with automatic login set to off which is gray and cannot be changed.
How can I manage this so I can just insert the pendrive and login?
Thank you
I need to add once in Zorin>settings>users, there is a minus and plus telling me I can delete the current account or create one but only makes you an admin with a name but no password.
Should I delete the current one or make anew admin with no password.
or
Make a new pendrive?

Wolfman

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:17:29 pm

Hi Peter,

I answered here, please don't double post in the future or you may lose sight of your own threads!:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6827

ONLY RESPOND TO THIS THREAD; I WILL LOCK THE OTHERS:

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:18:58 pm

Hi Wolfman, to ease the forum payload I have deleted one already as topic covered adequately elsewhere! :D

Peter33

Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:39:09 pm

I am new here and apologize for double posting. I was confused about places to post but am getting it now.
Peter

Wolfman

Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:58:09 am

Hi Peter,

no problem, have you solved your problem now?.

Regards Wolfman :D

Peter33

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:22:16 pm

Sad to say, I tried 3 installers ad still the password is a problem. It is hard to explain but if you Google the issue you will see what I mean. Thank you for your concern. Too bad b/c it was a good OS and I liked it but had to hard boot half the time to get into it.
Peter