This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installed Programs from Zorin 8

Tea

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:45:23 pm

I have installed a few of the programs from the software center. Problem is...I need to know where to go to find the ones that I have installed!

I have also installed iTunes and when I try to open it I get a message that it was not installed properly.

Can someone help this technology-challenged person? Thank you.

Swarfendor437

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:53:45 pm

Hi Tea (sorry that sounds a bit of a pun being English! :D ).

What are the programs you installed?

With regards to iTunes you cannot run the latest one in Zorin - you have to install WINE if not already present - I did get Safari 3 or 4 running under wine (but no flash) and not too sure if I got old i-Tunes working - that is the problem with Apple - its bad! :lol:

You would be much better installing (for me) the best possible audio package available in GNU/Linux - Clementine - see my video of it in action with cool 'M Project' visualisations running!

http://vimeo.com/63678606

BUT BEWARE FLASHING IMAGERY - IF YOU ARE PHOTO SENSITIVE DON'T LOOK AT THAT VIDEO! :D

Tea

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:28:42 pm

I only see the educational one Anki. Thought I had installed more than that. How do I access this program to use it?

Tea

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:33:15 pm

I have an ipod shuffle that will only let me upload music to it from itunes:( Is there a way around this?

Swarfendor437

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:35:44 pm

Tea wrote:I only see the educational one Anki. Thought I had installed more than that. How do I access this program to use it?

OK, has an 'Education' sub menu appeared in the Main Zorin Menu? Is there an 'Other' sub menu that has appeared!

Tea

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:38:37 pm

YES! There it is! Duh. In the "Other" menu it shows itunes that I had tried to install previously. Is there a way to wipe it off of this system?

Swarfendor437

Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:43:00 pm

Tea wrote:I have an ipod shuffle that will only let me upload music to it from itunes:( Is there a way around this?

Not sure if this will work - Apple keep changing the goal posts with new releases of Ubuntu on which Zorin is based:

https://www.linux.com/news/software/app ... ee-shuffle

Wolfman

Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:01:00 am

Swarfendor437

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:51:11 am

Tea wrote:YES! There it is! Duh. In the "Other" menu it shows itunes that I had tried to install previously. Is there a way to wipe it off of this system?

If it installed using WINE, then go to your Wine menu and look for 'Uninstall Wine programs' :D