This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(RESOLVED) Right side dock doesnt launch (time, volume etc)

kekkonen

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:19:33 pm

Hi!
I installed zorin today and after a while using it had soundcard problems (Dummy output). So i tried http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1316634 this solution and it helped. After rebooting the right side dock doesnt start at all though, it just keep loading and some "indicator3" keeps shutting down.
Im quite new to whole Linux os so if someone could explaine whats going on and how to fix it (and explaine as simple as possible) i would be thankfull.
Kekkonen

Swarfendor437

Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:22:39 pm

HI and welcome to Zorin! :D I think your AWN (Avant Window Navigator) - the panel at the bottom, has got corrupt. Have you completed an update after installation? Please see Wolfman's excellent Post Installation guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2054

After you have followed the advice there and still having issues you may want to uninstall AWN and reinstall it at the terminal (Accessories | Terminal or Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get purge avant-window-navigator

Let the terminal prompt for a 'Y' to remove the package and after it has done so, remain in the Terminal and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install avant-window-navigator

and after you have been prompted for a 'Y', remain in the terminal and update once more:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Please be aware that whenever you use the 'sudo' command you are asking to be elevated to 'Root' (Administrator) and will be asked for your login password to be able to do so - THERE ARE NO ASTERISKS OR DOTS! So be careful that you type your password correctly - you get 3 attempts before it drops back to 'user' level. :D

kekkonen

Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:10:36 pm

Thanks for your reply.
After reading wolfman´s guide, i decided to start whole thing from the top :)
So i installed zorin once again and following step by step wolfman´s guide i got it to work right this time.

Swarfendor437

Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:27:21 pm

Glad you are sorted friend! :D