This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

After installation

alexandreperei

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:35:21 am

Hi everyone, i'm a newbie on Zorin, however, i installed with zero problems but i like to know where aplccations installed with wine goes? I installed a GoPro applcations but i don't know where it is, can you help me?
And by the way, can anyone tell me what's the diferences between zorin free and the other ones?

Swarfendor437

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:02:31 pm

Your Wine Application should be in Wine folder - go to Menu | Wine | Wine Applications :D

And welcome to Zorin!

The difference between Core and Ultimate is that there are a lot of applications set up for you so you don't have to search in the Software Centre! :D

alexandreperei

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:47:09 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Your Wine Application should be in Wine folder - go to Menu | Wine | Wine Applications :D

And welcome to Zorin!

The difference between Core and Ultimate is that there are a lot of applications set up for you so you don't have to search in the Software Centre! :D

I didn't find the application in that folder.

But the ultimate worth the money?

Wolfman

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:59:03 am

Hi,

go here for further help with Wine as it does have a good user and support base:

http://www.winehq.org/help/

Let us know how you get on. :D

If you want a full range of apps, then Zorin Ultimate is for you, otherwise stick with what you have!. :D

Wolfgang02

Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:35:27 pm

Is ultimate worth the money?

Well I have the Ultimate version of Zorin and although, as of yet, I have not used any of the programs (knowingly) I do believe it is worth the money.

The amount of work the developers have done in producing this fine piece of software, I would say the Ultimate version is very cheap. I have only been using it for a few days, I have to say that I love it and prefer it to other non Linux alternatives (enough to say that I don't think I would ever buy another commercial copy of a non Linux OS).

I think by supporting the developers we are giving them the incentive to carry on improving the OS.

The amount of programs that you do get in the Ultimate version, it would mean that you would have a program to do about anything you would ever want to do.

For these reasons I would recommend the Ultimate version to anyone that can afford it but I would completely agree with Wolfman, if you don't want the full range of apps, then stick with what you have.