This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Disable Shutdown Dialog

SplatOz

Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:22:11 pm

Is there any way to turn off the shutdown confirmation box that pops up when you click on the shutdown button in the Zorin menu?

None of the methods I've found online seem to work such as:
dconf/gconf editors,
gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/indicator-session/suppress_logout_restart_shutdown true,
gsettings set com.canonical.indicator.session suppress-logout-restart-shutdown true

I'm running Zorin 6 LTS.

Wolfman

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:21:17 pm

Hi,

open: dconf editor > apps > indicator-session and select what you want from the boxes.

Be warned, if you select suppress shutdown etc, it will simply shutdown when you press the switch!.

If you don't have Dconf Editor installed, open a terminal and paste the following command:

Code:
sudo apt-get install dconf-tools

dconf Editor_001.jpg

SplatOz

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:55:22 pm

sdcd.png

Probably should have been more clear in my OP...I tried the dconf approach and checked the suppress-logout-restart-shutdown option and I still get the confirmation dialog box when I hit the shutdown button from the Zorin menu.

Wolfman

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:28:17 am

Hi,

thats odd because when I tested it, it worked fine?.

Do a full system "Force" update with the following terminal command and then restart your PC and try again:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

The only difference about the force command is the "-f" at the end of the command which denotes the "force" part of the command. This will make sure that any missing dependencies get installed too!.

Let us know what happens.

technoshaun

Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:20:17 pm

Having same issue ran the command gnome-session-quit --power-off --force in a terminal and got following error:

** (gnome-session-quit:24437): WARNING **: Failed to call Shutdown: Shutdown interface is only available during the Running phase

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Wolfman

Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:32:40 pm

Hi,

try:

Code:
sudo poweroff

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/shutdown-u ... -computer/

Hope it helps.