This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

changing graphic adapter

rmbelson

Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:33:08 pm

Zorin OS 8.1 - 32. I installed, ran the various post install routines discussed in the post-install sticky including downloading and istalling the geforce nvidia graphics driver for my system. Things looked and worked better with the default driver -- now for example, my Firefox browser is mostly white and few colored icons, the zorin boot up screen has lost its logo and shows text boot up instead, sometimes various app windows go black. So is it simple to revert back to the generic driver supplied with the OS? Driver currently: GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a/integrated/SSE2/3DNOW! Experience - Standard

Wolfman

Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:36:12 pm

Hi,

easy fix here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2490

You don't need the other drivers if it is booting up and working!, I assume you only have whiteout when more than one window is open!.

Did you update after installing drivers?.

rmbelson

Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:05:20 pm

Yes, blacks out only when multiple windows. so I will check out that fix However why does my Firefox look different on my Zorin machine from my Win7 machine? In Win7 the bookmarks toolbar is in gray with colored icons for my various bookmarks. In Zorin OS, the toolbar is white and the icons are mostly empty. This was not the case with the default driver that came with the OS, just after I updated, and yes, whatever was in the list of things to do in the post install guide, I did. Only think I couldn't is restart in safe mode and run any commands there, as I don't have keyboard control during the bootup, just after the OS is fully loaded.

Wolfman

Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:29:04 pm

hi,

open Tweak Tool > Themes and change the theming to see if you get something you like, see the post install guide for more about adding themes!:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

See also Gimuntus guide about extra themes:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6149

The reason there is a difference between Windows and Linux versions of Firefox is the app looks different due to the theming!.