This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Backgroud disspears in Zorin 8 Lite

Anonymous

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:28:09 am

I have a persistent USBlive installation of Zorin 8 Lite. I changed the background picture from Desktop Preferences using a picture from my picture folder in my ext.HDD. Everything worked here , but when I made a shut down and restarted so backgroud was missing. It was only black display having only the panel there, so all other things worked. Looking from Dektop Preferences there was still the right file selected, but did not appear on the screen before re-installing it from my picture folder. So this means that it keeps the "setting" but it is unable to launch any picture file, (not even the original Zorin). All other USBlive installations manages to keep the selected bacckground and launche it correct after restart. Is there some bug in the software or is this file not "available" from ext.HDD? How to fix?

Wolfman

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:33:01 am

Hi,

you must save a copy of the pic to the home folder on the USB stick otherwise it loses the link to the other drive when it shuts down!.

Anonymous

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:55:41 am

Sorry, I put the picture to a wrong place now it works. I have a second partition having also picture folder so it does not get it there.

So the message here is that the pictures to use as a backgrounds have to be in the home/pictures folder or in /home/live/pictures folder in case having a persistent USBlive installation that it works.

Wolfman

Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:07:19 pm

Okay, have marked as solved!.

Swarfendor437

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:18:34 pm

Just for the benefit of those who have a normal install, wallpapers are stored in the sytem protected location of 'usr/share/backgrounds' - you can place your own pictures in there too but you may need to run 'gksudo nautilus'
from a terminal first! :D