This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

USB headset

LukasVer

Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:39:18 pm

Hey Zorin users!

Im really happy with the use of Zorin OS 8, but i have one problem. I cant use my headset... I dont know how i need to fix it, so i ask your support :P Im using a Trust headset with USB.
I hope you can help me :3

-Lukas

Wolfman

Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:00:54 pm

Hi Lukas,

try installing the following bluetooth packages via a terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get install blueman bluetooth

Then open System settings and look at your bluetooth devices using the bluetooth tool in hardware settings combining sound settings too.

Hope it helps. :D
System Settings_002.jpg

LukasVer

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:31:13 am

The terminal said for me, command not found:/ but my headset isnt bluetooth

Wolfman

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:50:25 am

Hi Lukas,

the way you wrote the question; it sounded to me like you were using a USB controlled bluetooth headset!, have you plugged in your headset into the headset audio socket, if it is a notebook/laptop, it should be on the front , have you played around with the sound settings?, what exactly does the USB part play in your question, do you mean you have the OS installed on a USB stick or is the headset using wireless technology?.

LukasVer

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:27:58 am

Its a headset connected with a usb prot. All of my ports are just working. But it isnt recognizing the headset in the settings. In windows you were able to see whats connected in the ports. Can you do that too in zorin?
My os is installed with a cd.

-Lukas

Wolfman

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:48:49 am

Hi Lukas,

can you tell us the make/model of the device please!.

LukasVer

Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:51:31 am

Wolfman

Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:50:00 pm

Hi,

plug in directly in to the PC via a USB port (not a USB Hub) then boot your PC and then run this terminal command:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

Restart after updating!.

Let us know what happens. :D

This is for Windows but might help:

http://www.trust.com/en/faq/troubleshooting

LukasVer

Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:32:39 pm

I will try it as soon i am going on my computer, i will let you know :)

Swarfendor437

Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:42:06 pm

Sadly, I suspect it is a bug in Ubuntu 13.10 on which Zorin 8 is based. Try Zorin 6 and see if you have the same issue in live mode.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2181709