This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Downloading

Tea

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:52:01 pm

How do you access downloads after you have downloaded them? (ie: Hp Photo creations)

Wolfgang02

Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:39:19 pm

Have you tried in your Downloads directory?

I get to from either - Start -> Home (on the right hand side, where Documents folder is) -> Downloads.

Another way would be the file explorer on the task bar. It has Downloads on the right hand side.

Another way is from ALT + F2 and then type "gksudo nautilus" without the speach marks.

The last way I only found out about tonight from Wolfman. If that doesn't help, then may be someone else may be able to help.

Kind Regards

Tea

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:17:23 am

The download is not in my downloads but I found it in my documents and when I click on it it opens up the archive manager.

Wolfman

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:18:27 am

Hi,

if it is a compressed file, the archive manager will automatically open unless you right click a package and select "Extract Here" or "Open With", what type of package is it?.

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1778

Swarfendor437

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:21:44 pm

Yes, for some strange reason, Ubuntu based distros seem to want to download to Documents - you can alter this in your browser to ask where you want to save every time so in future you can save to 'Downloads'. :D