This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Linux not booting properly

gqrodrigues

Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37:31 am

I've been having some trouble since a month ago. After being suspended for some hours, the computer was showing a black screen with white letters after returning from suspension. I needed to rebbot the computer to fix the problem.

But today things got even worse. after suspended for many hours, the computer showed the same screen and, after rebooting, the computer wouldn't turren on. After reseting, GRUB wasn't loading. After another reset, the boot didn't complete. Later, things got back to normal.

And after another suspension, I've faced the same black screen. and I've had to reset several times to use the computer again.

What can I do?

Anonymous

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:49:59 am

Look this, there is some problem with suspending. In some computers it works in the others it does not.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6755

What it does if not working correctly? It may mix up the whole os.or it may only remain to a non working stage. Until now I tried to change the Nvidia driver but did not help, then I gave up. I "suspend" just turning of the display, voice amplifier, external HDD and the network connection.

Anonymous

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:23:45 am

Ubuntu suspend mode nor Zorin OS on top of Ubuntu has never worked right since Ubuntu 11.10.
What one does is leave well enough alone after one figures things out. [ What works and what doesn't ]
Hint Hint > Make the best of what you have for free that does work right.