This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Uninstall Zorin

ke4itn

Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:41:37 am

I made a mistake, I installed Zorin on the wife's HP Mini Netbook - HP-2133. I was getting away from the MS trap! I got Zorin installed and now when I boot to Zorin, the screen goes wacky! It starts getting larger and smaller. Then screen starts going black in some places. I am afraid that I am pushing the video resources or something like that. I believe I need to uninstall Zorin and install Linux Lite, as I have read that Linux Lite does well on netbooks. How can I uninstall Zorin, when the screen is acting up, going black in places as I move the mouse? Could someone please point me in the right diirection?

Wolfman

Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:38:23 am

Hi,

try a version of Zorin OS Lite:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6917

To overwrite the partitions that you have, look at this install guide using the "Something Else Method":

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4848

You just need to select to format the already exisiting partitions you already have, read it carefully!.

Let us know how you get on!. :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:34:17 am

Did you back up all the data before installing Zorin - I would do as Wolfman suggested - if all else fails I can highly recommend LXLE (http://lxle.net). Before ditching altogether, can you try the following commands at boot time?

If you installed Zorin 6 press the 'e' key to edit the boot command

If you installed Zorin 8 press the 'Tab' key to edit the boot command

Then enter:

Code:
forcevesa nolapic acpi=off nomodeset

There may also be a need to edit the vga=vendor - but not sure on this last one - will have to go back and delve some more on that one.