This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Update on my info

TMV

Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:23:52 am

Good Day,
To comply with your request for my computer info to help with my problem, here goes;
I have a Dell XPS-8300, with 16 GB of RAM, I installed Zorin OS in an Oracle VM VirtualBox { I gave it a 60 GB VHD, and 8 GB of RAM}. My C drive (1TB) has Windows 7 Ultimate on it. My Graphics card is a AMD Radeon HD 6670 [DELL]/ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7670/6670.
The CPU is a Intel Core i7-2600, Sandy Bridge-DT. My Network card is a Broadcom BCM57788 NetLink PCI-E Network Adapter/Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet. I did run Zorin live first, but quickly installed it onto the VirtualBox VHD.
I installed Zorin OS 8.1 Core, but I would like to move up to Zorin OS 8 Ultimate, if I can get the Core version working. I plan on upgrading my Hard Drive to a 2TB one first, then I can duel boot, and give each OS lots of room to play (1TB each). However, this all depends on whether I can get Zorin to work in the first place. That's why I'm trying to test it out on VirtualBox.
So, now you have all my info. I hope you can help me here, as I would like to try out your OS.
Regards,
TMV
tmv_@bigfoot.com

botcrusher

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:06:53 am

Quick side note on the hard-drive you are probably better off installing the os's on two 1Tb drives, for me zorin has been detecting the ntfs partition on and off and has many a time thought the drive was empty and almost overwrit my machine.

TMV

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:12:34 am

Dear botcrusher,

That's a problem for me, as I already have two internal hard drives. One for Windows 7, and the other partitioned for all my software installation files, and for my downloaded files (before I check them with my antivirus). I even have two external drives for backups. So I really hope that Zorin doesn't see my NTFS partition and mess up my Windows. This could be a deal breaker.
Regards,
TMV

Wolfman

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:26:27 am

Topic locked as double post!.

See:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7046&p=33451#p33451