This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Software Updater informs about Ubuntu 14

AnotherLife

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:51:58 pm

It asks me to upgrade, I suppose I should ignore it ? :ugeek:

Wolfman

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:55:10 pm

Hi,

see the warning contained in the update guide about a full distro upgrade:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

DON'T DO IT or you will corrupt Zorin OS!.

AnotherLife

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:58:07 pm

Thanks, may I suggest you get rid of the flood of pinned announcements ? Because I searched for a relevant thread but didn't noticed it. There are so many pinned announcements I thought they were the actual subforum threads.

Not to mention most are obsolete and pretty boring. :-)

Wolfman

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:42:15 pm

Hi,

I assume we can mark this as solved?.

The announcements are cleared periodically!. :D

AnotherLife

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:48:00 pm

Yes, it is solved, I will ignore the Ubuntu upgrade so as not to corrupt my ZorinOS installation, I put it on Never, too.

But I was under the impression that Ubuntu doesn't do rolling updates between major revisions (?)

Swarfendor437

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:21:40 pm

Cannot comment on that - I stopped using Ubuntu a while back and no intention of returning whilst it is selling user data to Amazon through its 'Lenses'.

Wolfman

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:08:44 am

AnotherLife wrote:Yes, it is solved, I will ignore the Ubuntu upgrade so as not to corrupt my ZorinOS installation, I put it on Never, too.

But I was under the impression that Ubuntu doesn't do rolling updates between major revisions (?)

Hi AL,

I think it depends on what your software sources update settings were, if it is set to "Never", it won't do anything, there are a couple of options one is for "LTS" versions only. Leave it at never as you have already done!. (AFAIK in Zorin OS, it is set to "Never" by default!.)

Marked as solved!. :D