This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

AOC Monitor Not Supported

weaseldog

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:56:47 pm

Hello everybody,
I attempted to install Zorin 8 Lite on a Dell Dimension 4550. I had installed a new monitor to replace the CRT unit that came with the computer. I could not install the new OS (I want to replace XP) as the monitor displayed the graphic 'input not support.' I reinstalled the CRT, successfully installed the OS (by the way, it looks good) and then swapped out monitors, hoping that Zorin would display. No such luck...still says 'input not support.' Is there a way to have this combination work? I contacted AOC support and they do not have a Linux driver. The model of the monitor is E2070Swn. It connects to the computer at the same input as did the CRT (I was surprised..I would have thought it would plug into a USB port...would a USB monitor serve my purpose better?) Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Wolfman

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:26:21 pm

Hi,

switch on your monitor without the PC being on and look for the reset function, it is either a button on the monitor or it is somewhere in a submenu on the monitor screen, once reset, switch it off then start both monitor and PC together, it should now work!. :D