This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

A Linux Notes App?

Zorinator

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:23:14 pm

Lotus Organizer and, subsequently Outlook, are what I have been using in Windows for years. The most important feature being a Notes app that can also sync with my smartphone. Not to mention MS OneNote............... :)

Currently, I run ZorinOS 7 32-bit and I have Thunderbird 17.0.6 installed. I tried Evolution but it kept crashing.

I have a Gmail account containing Notes from my former, speedily truncated life in the Apple orchard.

I also have my own private domain hosted with Afrihost and my mail account there also has a Horde-based webmail function. If I could do the same on a Linux desktop client, it'd be great.

I now want to use those Notes in Linux, be it through Thunderbird of an extra application. I would also love to sync it with my Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean phone.

For now, sync is via my mobile internet but, in future, I want o be synchronizing via ownCloud.

Is there any client application that can do all of this?

Wolfman

Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:52:01 am

Hi,

I don't do any of that stuff, if Evolution is crashing, try running this terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) command and see if it fixes that problem:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

Restart after updating!.

Zorinator

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:23:28 pm

Hi Wolfman!

Thanks.....I am updating now after it had taken me all day to find a suitable wifi hotspot where I can use my 10GB bundle on this. Your advice came at the right time and thanks for moving my post to the right spot. :D